The Great Provider

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 Nicajoice 0 Comments

I was ready for my stress free two-day “mini” but “grand” vacation. I had mentally checked the clothes I needed to bring, books I needed to pack along with my other travel essentials. I already filed a vacation leave for Friday and accomplished my tasks at work. I had a lot of plans. One of those was take as many pictures as I could. I am fond of keeping memories through pictures, digital or in print. I bought my very own camera three months ago and for such a short time, I have captured thousands of unforgettable events.

But… I was in disbelief when I realized that I lost the cam’s memory card. I wanted to panic but I had to stay calm and think. I thought I just misplaced it. I searched every nook and cranny in my bedroom, turned my bags upside down, but to no avail. If it were me maybe, a year or so ago, I would have cursed myself for losing it. Or I could have cried, I always do out of frustration. But, my present disposition in life has taught me to take even negative things in a positive way. Ok… I said a prayer to God, “Lord, please help me find the memory card. But if not, help me find a way to get a few pictures atleast. Send me someone Lord, who can provide me what I need. But, whatever the outcome is, I shall enjoy this vacation. And maybe, just keep the memories in my head.”

I was comforted by the thought that God will help me with this. Before I slept, I texted my student, Lynn. I asked her if she has an extra memory card that I could borrow. With full of hope, I fell asleep. The next day, I woke up and checked my phone. There were two messages. All of them were from Lynn. The first message said, she’s trying hard to find her memory card. The second one said, “I found it! See you tomorrow!:)”. It was a very beautiful morning and I thanked God for my answered prayer.

Before going to Tagaytay, I met my student and we studied for two hours. I was happy when I asked her if I could get the memory card. She, too, was excited for my trip. So, she readily prepared the card. Oh, no! It was too small, it didn’t fit. I was sad but I still believed something good will happen. She got her sister’s cam and checked its memory card. To our dismay, it was even smaller. At the back of my mind I was uttering another prayer. Ok, I’ll just keep the memories in my head. J But then, my student didn’t want me to be upset. She said, “Teacher, you can use my camera instead, I’ll just transfer my pictures.” I couldn’t believe how generous she was (and how generous God has always been).

I have learned a lot from this recent manifestation of God’s love for me. I have realized that never has God left me in times of distress. He always sends someone to cheer me up, provide my needs and lighten my burden. And that recognizing and always believing that God is always at my side makes me feel more optimistic, not a single worry can put me down. I have also come to prove that goodness begets goodness. My student has always been generous to me because I’ve also been generous to her and her family. I have willingly spent my time helping her learn English. What we sow, we reap.

And with this small miracle, I would like to believe that I’m ready for greater and grander blessings.

0 comments: