Things To Do

Monday, August 23, 2010 Nicajoice 0 Comments


(Written August 22, 2010)


My two day vacation is over. It’s Sunday, and as I am writing this I’m here at the Feast, waiting for the second session to start.
To those who are unfamiliar with “The Feast”, this is a weekly gathering of people who wish to listen to Christ’s teachings. This gathering is headed by the “Light of Jesus Community” with Bro. Bo Sanchez as its leader who works hand in hand with other brilliant Kerygma preachers.

The Feast starts with a celebration of the Holy Mass presided by an SVD priest, followed by very inspiring talks that touch on practical areas such as building and maintaining relationships, keeping in touch with emotions, overcoming obstacles, keeping a healthy body, mind and soul, and financial literacy. But for me, The Feast is a place where miracles happen and where one feels so much loved by the God who created us all.
I was tempted not to attend… to just go straight home and rest my tired body after three hours worth of travel. But, I know that my vacation won’t be complete without spending a portion of my time celebrating God’s love. Once again, I’m here at the Feast to praise my Creator and Savior, to sing songs of endless gratitude and hope, to just give my all to God before I face another challenging week.

Realizations during My Alone Time
(Written August 20, 2010)

While I was planning my two day- vacation, I promised myself I would spend time alone, without any worries or fears, without thinking about the work I left behind and the usual anxieties that used to cripple me. So, I went to Tagaytay Picnic Grove and I was lucky it was a Friday. I was able to appreciate the beauty of the place without the usual crowd that stays in the area during weekends. It was a perfect time to reflect and write down the things I wish to achieve and the areas in my life that I wish to focus on and improve.

Things I want/need to do:

- Lengthen the time I spend in praying. I’d try to talk to God as often as I could to prevent myself from seeing the negative side of people and situations.
- Serve God more in my own little ways. Give my time, treasure and talent to the Lord. I’d like to join a ministry. I’ve been praying for this. I believe that now is the right time to lend my service to God’s people, now that I have the energy and motivation to do so. I used to think that I can only do this once I get rich, but I realized that the riches of this world is not important. What matters is the difference that we can make in other people’s lives (But of course, I have dreams of earning more and making it big, so I can bless others more).
- I want to be healthier in mind, heart, body and soul. I’d find time to exercise and bathe in the morning sun atleast twice a week (for now, since I’m just starting). I want to eat vegetables and fruits more and eat less meat and junkfood.
- I want to be more loving, patient, understanding, thrifty and simple. I want to be a risk-taker, fearless and confident.
- I’d want to take “grand vacations” once every three months, making sure I’d spend quality time with my family and friends.
- I want to take frequent trips, explore and go to places I’ve never been to. I want to go to Korea next year and meet Rachel, Kathy, Hera and Clara and their families.
- I want to learn new things. I’d like to learn the piano, master the Korean language, be an expert in English.
- I want to remain positive and try to never entertain negative thoughts again. I want to appreciate myself and others more and try not to be jealous and envious again.
- I want to give my best in everything that I do.
These are just a few of the things that I’d like to work on this year and in the coming years. Most of the things that I wish to improve especially in myself would take a while, I know. I cannot change my entire self over night and this is going to be a challenge for me. But, I made a promise not only to myself but to God. Because He loves me so much, I’d do my very best not to fail Him.

0 comments: