The Joy of Blogging

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 Nicajoice 9 Comments

It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by. How else, indeed, to clap the net over the butterfly of the moment? For the moment passes, it is forgotten; the mood is gone; life itself is gone. That is where the writer scores over his fellows: he catches the changes of his mind on the hop. ~Vita Sackville-West



I write because I want to remember significant people, noteworthy events, momentary insanities, even emotions too intense - joy, sadness, anger, fear, guilt, excitement. I don't want to forget.

To know that people read my thoughts is a great
bonus. To hear that they get inspired by them gives me extreme happiness. To see that,somehow, my readers are influenced in a positive way makes me want to jump up and down (no kidding!). It is a great accomplishment. To touch a life or two.

My friend, Ken, posted this in his Facebook status:

I was surprised when I saw it... it was the very first time somebody quoted stuff I wrote. I felt ecstatic. I wonder how happier certified authors are when they get their works published, have their books in the bestseller list, read positive comments from literary critics, or gather thousands of followers? It might be so overwhelming, I could burst in gladness (hehe). But the most delightf
ul part was when my friend told me how proud he is of me. It's not everyday that people get to say nice things like that. And so I'm really taking this time to blog about it (not brag about it, ok? haha)

Then, I was even more glad when I read these sweet comments from a fellow blogger who took the time to read my recently put up food blog.


And of course, I always appreciate the comments of my avid reader, no other than my roommate, Gaze!

I admire people who can effo
rtlessly say positive words to others and really mean it. Who never hesitate to encourage other people to give their best. When instead of pinpointing your mistakes, just what some people do, they try to see the goodness in you and in your work. I think, the world will be a better place when we each try to magnify little kindness than to put too much big a deal in even the tiniest flaw in others.

Knowing that I have these few people as my readers
, I am even more inspired to continue blogging. I may not have thousands of page views everyday, but I have friends, old and new, who are always willing to go out of their way to read my sometimes-hastily-written-posts. But just the same, they see what's good in it.

9 comments:

  1. if i am to write my own version of a post like this, i would have pasted this whole thing!haha

    truly, it is a "bliss" to know that our thoughts, our words are appreciated, just as what you did to me and to your other "fans."

    of the billion things in our friendship that i am thankful and happy about, one of which is the love we share for blogging.

    "it's a great accomplishment. to touch a life or two." - i second that.ü

    thanks for touching mine!;)

    (*i didn't know that "Eat to Live. Live to Eat" is yours. so today is my first time to visit it.hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang cheezy nyong dalawa, grabe.. But I love being cheezy, too! Haha!

    Jpice and Gaze; you both touched my life (both in little and huge ways) and I wanna thank you for that. I guess words are not enough (cliche it may seem) to show you and to let you know how much you are appreciated (ooooh, i love the word appreciate. hehe)


    THANK YOU BIGYTAYM!!!! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a million times Gaze.. :) For constantly encouraging me with your sweet words and deeds. ^_^ I'll try to keep the food blog as updated as possible.. hehe. :) Can't wait for our HK getaway anytime soon!

    Le!! ;) I so miss you. Thanks for dropping by and for being such a thoughtful friend. ^^ You've touched my life as well.. you just don't know how inspiring you are and your family.. I am so lucky to have you as a friend. ^^ Wanna go to HK with us? hehe see you soon! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. le, look who's cheesy now. ikaw ang ang pinaka!haha. sama ka sa HK ha! yipee!ü

    you are always welcome joicee, as how i am to you. super long vacation ako. i missed you. see you!ü

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nica! I just read this blog post. I really enjoy reading a well written blog. Isn't it great how complete strangers can interact through the Internet? I love meeting new people. You gave a great blog. Keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Btw, thanks for including me in your post. I'm happy that my comment made an impact with your blogging, somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  7. since there is no "like" button here, can i just say, i like this:

    "Btw, thanks for including me in your post. I'm happy that my comment made an impact with your blogging, somehow..."

    ü

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Andrea: Yes, It is really amazing how people from across the globe get to communicate these days.. Just like you, I love meeting new people and reading great blogs.. By the way, thank you so much for reading my writings.. Yes, your comments really made an impact.. :) I hope we can continue sharing ideas.. ^^ Take care and God bless you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Gaze: Blogspot should put a "like" button.. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete