My Heart Aches Because I love You

Monday, August 22, 2011 Nicajoice 0 Comments

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, not lacking anything
I always try to keep anything painful (events, experiences, memories, thoughts, words) aside. No one wants to be heart broken over and over. But then, it's inevitable. Pain is always a part of life.

And today, I am in pain.

My heart breaks for the boy I have loved the moment he came into this world. Though I have not seen him yet, I knew he would have my heart, and would keep it forever.

His name is Francis Dominic, my nephew.

He was born last June (he was barely nine months). His mom had complications, so Francis had to be delivered right away to save them both. We prayed that they would survive. And they did. But then, little Francis had to be incubated. He was hooked to some medical equipment to support his frail body and for his lungs to be fully developed.

To this day, he is still in the hospital. Why? Because we don't have enough money to take him home.

And this, breaks my already broken heart into millions of pieces. The feeling of helplessness suffocates me. I burst in tears every minute or so. But I have to gather myself and be ok.

I am doing everything I can to bring this little boy in the warmth of his parents' arms and in the comfort of his family's touch. We are doing everything we can, so hold on in there Baby Francis. We'll see each other soon.

I need your prayers, friends. I believe, God hears our prayers and help is on the way.

0 comments: