Samal Island Fun!

Thursday, September 01, 2011 Nicajoice 4 Comments

I have lived in Davao almost half of my life but I've never gone to Samal Island until recently when I came home for a four-day vacation. I've been to a few beaches but never to a white sand beach (believe it or not). It was a spontaneous decision to go to Samal, it was not my plan (I was aiming to go to Eden Nature Park). But then, I am glad I made the decision. It was such a worthwhile trip, not to mention, very affordable.
This is the view of the Island from the Ferryboat that we took from Sasa Wharf.
We were blessed with the perfect weather. The sun was up and the breeze was so cool.

White sand. Clear Water. Blue Sky. Perfect!

I never knew I could find such a beautiful place near the city. I've heard a lot of people say good things about Samal Island, but I guess, I just had to see it with my own eyes. Plus, I repeat, it's a very affordable indulgence. From Davao City, we took a jeepney to Sasa Wharf which cost Php8.00 per person (200 won or roughly two cents [US dollars]). Then we had to pay Php10.00 per person for the Ferryboat ride and Php15.00 per person for the motorcycle ride going to Sonrisa Beach Resort. Entrance fee for adults was Php90.00 and we just had to pay Php400 for the cottage. We spent less than Php2000 (50000 won or $50) for eight people for this whole day of fun under the sun! My Samal Island getaway was perfect because of the people I went there with...

my family...


My mother and her sister, Tita Gem with Cheska.
My brother and his wife, Ate Lianne with their daughter, Cheska.
and a few of my closest friends...

My Highschool classmates, Jelly Anne, Karla And Mia Apart from the beach, I also enjoyed the food!!! :D thank you so much to Mia, Jelly Anne and Karla for bringing in such delights. We had Lechon Paksiw, Pancit Malabon, Fruits (Pineapple and Papaya); Broiled Saba; as well as Egg Pie and Cake roll (not in the picture). It was indeed a feast!
My heart was filled with so much joy. I was so grateful for the time I was able to spend with the people I love. It was such a great feeling to be so close to nature and be enveloped in the warm embrace of my loved ones.

Life is so good. God is so great! Even though I've been facing quite a number of trials recently, I am so blessed with opportunities to relax, unwind and just enjoy the beauty of His creations.


4 comments:

  1. Yes, it is!! I didn't want to leave.. haha :D If you'll get a chance to be here in the Phils. Samal Island is surely worth a visit! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the clear blue/green water...makes me want to just dive in there :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. that's what I felt too.. but it was just too hot that day... :D

    ReplyDelete