Life's Simple Pleasures

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 Nicajoice 0 Comments

I've been wanting to eat ramyeon (Korean noodles) for days now. Ever since I have moved to my new apartment, I've never cooked a single meal because the setting-up of the stove and gas supply is yet to be completed. So it's sad that there isn't any warm food available for consumption at home. So, I've been wishing - talking to myself - "I wanna eat ramyeon!!"

And voila! Last night's dinner was indeed the food I've been craving for days, and days, and days.
 My student, Daniel, eating "my" ramyeon.

Thank you Lord for granting this simple wish. And thank you for giving me such generous people.

A couple of weeks ago, I was a bit sad. And as annoying as it may seem to some, it was all over my facebook wall (well, not really all over, but it was in one of my posts on facebook), that quite attracted the attention of my friends who wanted to know what was wrong with me. And a super nice friend cheered me up by offering to buy me icecream Sunday that week.

Yes, icecream for the brokenhearted!
McFlurry Oreo Overload.
Thank you Lord for dear friends who make heartaches a little less painful! 

I love it that I am able to enjoy the other side of work. The one where I teach and impart my knowledge to others. The one where I get to meet new people and become friends with them. Or become like a sister to them. Or become like the daughter they never had. Or the teacher who's fun to be with and easy to get along with. I am glad that in the years that I've been teaching, I've never really had serious problems dealing with my students. They've all been nice despite their shortcomings as well as my own weaknesses.

I particularly love last night's study time with Daniel. We were reviewing for his periodical exam and it was nice to see him understand the concepts I was teaching him. How answering the exercise was such a piece of cake for him. I love it that he is such a sweet young boy. Who talks a lot, sings a little, drinks (too much) milk, calls me monster (when what he really means is the opposite, haha). I love it when he is cheerful and energetic and eager to play hangman even if he actually loses all the time (what do you expect? hehe) .


And i love these pictures. He looks exactly like his older brother, Yohan. One day, when he grows up, he will see these and realize that he had fun while studying and that it was not a huge burden at all (thanks to his mom who raised them far from the usual pressures suffered by some Korean children.)

Thank you Lord for wonderful children who easily brightens up my day. When work is not work at all but always, a learning experience.

0 comments: