A Bottle of Happiness

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 Nicajoice 3 Comments


Inspired by this lovely blog post, I got myself my own 'container" of Happiness. Richelle's is a jar, mine is a bottle. *wink*wink*

I think the idea is really cool! It's like a bucket list, except that you don't put in wishes (wishes that would make you happy) but actually the things, people, moments and experiences that made you happy. 

I was cleaning my humble home last Saturday and I saw this grape juice bottle I've been keeping for no apparent reason. Right then, I thought it would make a good "Happiness Bottle". So I removed the label and painted it with pink hearts using my nail polish - Skin Food "Milk Creamy Nail" (sometimes, we just have to make use of the stuff we have, hehe). 

Then I started filling it with small pieces of paper where I wrote the reasons of my happiness recently. These were some of the ones I wrote:
-Junel was discharged from the hospital. ♥
-Watched Pyrolympics; had milktea; cleaned the house.
-Got my recommendation letters.
-Erick and I had dinner with Papang. We had a great time!

I guess this is a good reminder of how much I am blessed although I sometimes feel like a total piece of crap. Looking into the content of this bottle a month or a year from now would totally bring back good memories. It's a good way to cheer yourself up too, when motivation fades and when sometimes things do not make sense anymore.

I encourage you to make one too! It can be a box, a bag, anything actually! Let me know if you have made any or if you have something that's similar to this. I'd like to share happiness with you! :)

3 comments:

  1. I saw this on Richelle's blog too! I think I'm definitely going to be making one soon. It will be really fun to read them in a year and maybe make a scrapbook of all of the papers or something.

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You just gave me a very nice idea... I'm gonna make a scrapbook of those happy pieces at the end of the year. Thanks for following Katie! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with? I'm looking to start my
    own blog in the near future but I'm having a difficult time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique.
    P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

    My web blog :: Regan Bruce

    ReplyDelete