His Words through her words (and other updates)

Thursday, February 09, 2012 Nicajoice 2 Comments

February, so far, has been very overwhelming. I feel as if my hands are too full, my mind's too preoccupied, my heart's on a roller-coaster ride (at times, very much overjoyed; other times, empty and troubled). I have not kept up with the routine that I've been trying to build; the habits I wish to form and perfect.

Maybe, I lack serenity. The every day rush has been consuming me and I have greatly failed on nourishing my soul the past few days. But I love the way God reaches out to me... He fills me with His words and inspiration in places I frequently hang around - blogs. And He uses ordinary people's words to stir in me a deep hunger for Him. And miraculously, comfort when I am troubled.
"I want nothing more than to enjoy your friendship purely
and without selfish ambition."

This He made me realize through this blog post
"You are loved by love Himself."
This assurance of love through a very inspiring woman

"i am the miracle. my very existence.
the breath that rises and falls.
the little rebel heart that continues to pump blood,
continues to fall in love even when i can't see the sense,
or summon the strength. the will to be better,
to be more, to see wider and love more freely,
i. am. the miracle."

And this, a positive self-talk that encourages and uplifts a lonely spirit, written by one of the best writers in the blogging world. 

God's ways are majestic. Simple and profound all at the same time. And with these words, I am comforted. I'll be ok. I can handle February. I can handle the rest of the year and the years to come.

********************************
On a different note, these are the things that keeps me busy, gets me thinking, and makes me feel so excited the past few days. 

This article has made me think about what I want to do in the future, what I can possibly contribute to make a positive change in the society. 

I did my first vlog for a cool link-up by Erin and Ashley. It's way different from my usual blogging but it's pretty exciting, interesting and fun!I'd be putting up a monthly food series entitled "Flavor of the Month" in line with my New Year's resolution to dine at new restaurants and try different cuisines with different friends. Here's a banner I designed for the series.

Also, I'll be having a blog give-away very soon! So please keep coming back! :)

That's it for now. I hope we all have a positive Thursday! Enjoy the rest of the week, friends! ^^


2 comments:

  1. I think everyone has ups and downs like this...consistent prayer is the cure for the down times and the up times!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do agree that I have to pray consistently. Thank you so much for following.. and thanks for leaving a comment :) I'll check out your blog too! ^^

      Delete