What They Liked and Didn't Like About My Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012 Nicajoice 2 Comments




I have recently participated in a very interesting project hosted by Inspire Me Heather. It is a blogging project that seeks to gather honest opinion from fellow bloggers. I had to do a critique of two blogs, in return, fellow bloggers would critique mine. All done anonymously. Click here to view the mechanics.

Those who participated in this project would have to write what they LIKED and what they DIDN'T LIKE  in the blog they were assigned to. I submitted mine yesterday and just this morning I got to view how my blog was assessed by two bloggers.

So, as you can see, I have made some changes on my blog based on their suggestions, because I honestly think that the suggestions were great. Major changes were: changing my lay-out from three columns to two, enlarging the size of my photos and the font size of my post texts, and changing my blog's subtitle from "the pain and joy of everyday life" to "...finding joy in everyday life".


"This one may not be be something you agree with, but I think that introducing your blog with the words "the pain and joy of everyday life" may turn some people off. It seems your posts are about personal strength, and finding joy alongside the pain, and less about focusing on the pain, aren't they? Maybe "finding the joy in everyday life", or something that better represents your positivity. I think your blog has real substance, and your posts are wonderful."


Aside from the helpful suggestions, I am very much grateful for the positive feedback.


" I like the use of a white background, as it allows everything else to become the focal point."


"I love, love love your profile pic. It's really pretty, romantic and personal. I think it introduces you in a lovely way."


"I like your header, and how you have used that heart image in your gadget titles and as your flavicon for consistency.""She is generally positive and uplifting in her thoughts and outlook but not afraid to talk about her fears or challenges."

{via}
I am very much grateful that I decided to join in this project even though I was hesitant at first. I have proven once again how friendly and warm are the people in this blogging community that I belong to. I am inspired and encouraged beyond words.


I believe this blogging project runs every month. I am part of the February batch. If you are interested, feel free to head over here and follow Inspire Me Heather to get updates on the next batch of "What I Like About Your Blog" project. 


Believe me, it's totally worth it.


To the two fellow bloggers who took the time to look into my blog, from the bottom of my heart, Thank You!

2 comments:

  1. Great changes.
    I think changing your subtitle name was brilliant. Its more positive. :D
    And you're right, what a nice project to participate in. I hope to enter the next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimmy! Yeah, please join the project. You'll find it very much helpful, I'm sure :)

      Delete