Friday's Letters

Friday, June 22, 2012 Nicajoice 18 Comments

{via}
Dear Self,

I now know how you easily get disappointed with unmet expectations. That you are always hurt when promises are broken, because you always hope people to stand by their word. But then you have to realize that you are not living in a perfect world and that you, yourself, may not do what is expected from you at times. Be a little bit more understanding.

Dear Mocha Frappe and Cinnamon Roll,

Thank you for accompanying me at last night's first attempt to study PM227 for three straight hours. Not only were you delectable to the taste buds but perfect suppressor of sleep-inducing hormones as well (if there exist such things). Expect more late night bondings in the next two and a half years.

Dear Grad school,

I'm starting to doubt my ability to survive computer-assisted and distance learning. I guess I comprehend complex ideas and lessons more when I hear them explained right in front of me. But then there's no backing out and I can't afford to relocate to Los Baños and study MS DevComm with the current state of my finances and life, in general. So, I must persevere.

Dear Love,

I'm always right behind you. I am a friend through and through. ♥

Dear God,

I am so sorry for doing the same mistakes over and over. I know I am unworthy of Your love and there are times when I feel like running away from You. Yet, my faith is telling me that Your mercy is new every morning, Your love has no end... And so I thank You at each new day - for as the sun rises, so does my hope for a better me.




Always,
~ Nica ~






Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Visiting from Friday's Letters! So grateful that God's forgiveness is continual, even when we make the same mistakes repeatedly! Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you've been reminded by this simple post.. :) thanks for dropping by, Tiffany! Have a great weekend. ^^

      Delete
  2. Loved your letters! Yes, a great reminder so thanks for that! You are awesome for taking on grad school! YOU.Can.DO.IT. Looking forward to following your adventures!

    XOXO

    Kristine from TheFoleyFam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sooo sweet Kristine. I so appreciate your comment. Thanks for dropping by.. and I will surely follow your adventures too! Meeting new people truly excites me! :)

      Delete
  3. woah girl love your letters :) you're doing awesome being in grad school! i just graduated from mine about a month ago and just know all your hard work DOES pay off! xo cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cait! :) glad to know your done with grad school! Congratulations! Thanks for the encouraging words and thanks a lot for dropping by and for taking the time to leave a note :)

      Delete
  4. Saw your blog through Friday Letters and so happy I stopped by. I am about to start working on Grad school and it is an online program too. I'm nervous about keeping up but hopefully I will be able to handle it. Also, loved your letter to God, sometimes its nice to be reminded that the sun DOES rise every day and we DO have a chance to be a better person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittany, good luck..! I'm excited for you.. I know it's gonna be fun and so worthwhile, I am still on the adjustment period, so far so good.. I wish the same thing for you. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. God bless us always :)

      Delete
  5. Dear Nica,

    You make God very proud. You reflect a great friend. You're letters make me smile. ;)

    Happy seeing beautiful!
    http://seeabeautifulworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lydia! I am always grateful for all your sweet and encouraging comments :)

      Delete
  6. Found your blog through Ashley's and I'm your newest follower! Love these letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samantha!! I'm your newest follower too :)

      Delete
  7. I always love reading your letters, you are so sweet, honest and genuine and it is refreshing! loved all your letters this week!

    xo,
    ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! I really love this link-up! It's something I look forward to every week :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you for writing that last letter. I needed to read that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda!! :) I'm glad you are blessed by it ^^

      Delete