Bistro ravioli

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 Veronica Joyce 0 Comments

          Although rice is the country's staple food, there are times when I feel like I want to take a break from it. In such a scenario, pizza and pasta are the perfect alternatives. Two weekends ago, two special life events called for a double celebration - as to what they are, I will not elaborate. :) I already had plans laid out, unfortunately, due to Manila's unpredictable weather none of them materialized. But I knew what  I wanted to eat. So off I went to SM Mall of Asia with a dear friend to satisfy my week-long craving for Italian food.

           We spotted this cozy restaurant in a corner along MOA's south wing. I thought it was an entirely new restaurant. I found out later on that they just moved the resto's location.

           Its interior is covered with earth colors and classy wooden pieces of furniture. There are long tables for family dinner and small ones for couples who frequent the resto because of its romantic ambiance despite its small dining area.We were the first customers that morning. We were greeted and seated by the resto's friendly and polite server.



We ordered red iced tea and it was served first while we waited for our food. We asked for three dishes. Pasta. Pizza. Chicken. I think all three are the classic combo. We wouldn't want to be loaded with so much carb and  have some portion of protein to balance everything.





We feasted on these yummy dishes:

1/ Spinach and Feta Cheese Ravioli
//PHP220// Ravioli filled with spinach and feta cheese in tomato and pesto sauce.
Serving is good for one person but can be shared if you'd order other dishes like we did.
It comes with garlic bread (which was a bit dry, I prefer the chewy Focaccia bread usually paired with pasta). Putting the dry garlic bread aside, this pasta dish is bursting with flavor! It is easily a house favorite.


2/ Diablo Wings
//PHP270// I am a chicken-dish-lover. On top of my list is buffalo wings. Bistro Ravioli's Diablo Wings doesn't disappoint. Chicken wings were fried to a crisp-perfection and enveloped in sweet, sour, spicy sauce. It also comes with a creamy, herb-flavored dip that sums up an A-lister chicken treat.

3/Pepperoni Pizza
//PHP300+//  13 inch thin crust pizza topped with cheese, pepperoni and sundried tomato. It's chewy and savory. Good for 3 to 4 people. It's the right item to complete an Italian lunch or dinner. 

A satisfying meal makes me really happy. Without a doubt, I was one satisfied girl in Bistro Ravioli. In fact, I believe, it deserves a second visit. :)

0 comments: