Friday's Letters

Friday, August 03, 2012 Veronica Joyce 12 Comments


I am totally running out of fresh pictures. I did not have any photo taken this week and it's terrible (no, I'm exaggerating). But, seriously, I badly need a new camera. So I got this photo from files taken two years ago, a day after I started this blog during my first ever alone time in a beautiful place outside of the city. And here goes my customary set of letters every end of the work week. It has become one of my things-to-do every Friday but credit all goes to Ashley coz she is the one who has come up with this fun idea. 

Dear Self,
You do not have to carry the weight of the world. There is injustice everywhere and chaos and conflict and thinking about them will drive you nuts. No matter how harsh the world can be good things, good people, blessings exist. There will always be more reasons to be happy and be thankful. So, do what you can to improve your self, your life and do what you can to make the world a better place to live in. Trust in the love and mercy of God and you can rest well at night.

Dear A,
I may be very much incapable of showing how much your kindness means to me and how thankful I am that you are there when I need you, but I really am grateful. Thank you for always being so thoughtful and generous of your time. You are my angel, really.


Dear Blog,
On August 14, you'll be two years old. You have changed so much since then but the reason that I continue to fill you with my words and thoughts has not changed through the years. You remain to be my life's chronicler. And I hope that through you I may inspire more people to always choose to see the joy in every day life even when its damn difficult to do so at times.

Dear Blogger Friends,
I am always inspired by the sweet comments that you leave in this corner of the blogosphere. They are and you are such a source of joy for me. I hope I could return the favor real soon. :)

Dear God,
I stumble and fall more often than I intend to. I am so sorry. I woke up at the wrong side of the bed today and started the day miserably. I went to work halfheartedly and just when I stepped out of the house I realized that I forgot my umbrella. And then the rain started to pour heavily. What a way to make things worse for me, I thought. I was running late for work. And I talked to you (in my head) inside the train, "I wonder what would make me happy today? It feels like nothing will make me feel better". Then I stumbled upon this video, while I started on my daily routine.  And I believe that You wanted me to know this - Rejoice even when life is not easy. And to remain hopeful in Your love. And yes, that made me smile, plus a call from a friend and a free lunch made me happy. Thank You God for reaching out to me even in the most mundane things like a youtube video. Thank You too for using people to let me feel that I am not alone in my struggles. Thank You, Dear Father.


Always,

~ Nica ~




Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. That pic is stunning even if it is "old" :)

    Loved your letters this week. SO much truth behind them. Thanks for always sharing your heart! I appreciate it! Have a blessed weekend girl!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristine,

      Thanks for dropping by and for leaving such a sweet comment. It's my pleasure to open up my heart to everyone who reads this blog. :) Hope you had a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Hello! I found your blog in Blog Hop. I am your new follower. Drop by on my blog and say hello.

    www.akachymecindy.com
    www.littleslimgirl.com

    anyway, just wondering are you Filipina...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy,

      Thanks for dropping by and for following! :) And yes, I'm a proud Filipina. ^^

      Delete
  3. love your note to God :)

    have a great Sunday! drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what it is like to not have a camera, it sucks when you want to blog! So glad I have one again..

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Marielle. :) Good to know you have one again... Guess, I have to settle with my blackberry camera for a few months O_o. Thanks for dropping by! ^^

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi Jayvee! yup, the photo was taken in Tagaytay, at Picnic Grove :)

      Delete