to the person who taught me the value of perseverance and faith

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 Veronica Joyce 0 Comments


Dearest Mommy,

Thank you for always being there for me. For loving me without any condition. For supporting me my entire life. For being the person I and my family turn to when things get rough.

You are my angel, literally. When I was young, your occasional visits, the sound of your voice brought me so much joy. At night, it was by your side that I found the safest corner to sleep in.

It is through your example that I learned the value of education, that it is the most important thing even when going to school takes a lot of effort and ample amount of finances. It is through you that I saw that sacrifices are rewarded.

Thank you for being such a strong woman, but still being the tender and gentle Mommy that I know. Thank you for teaching me to be simple, practical and to pray without ceasing. I am so lucky to have you. I am so grateful to be your granddaughter. I wish I could be half of the woman that you are.

Happy 74th Birthday Mommy!

0 comments: