life lately / written wisdom

Friday, June 28, 2013 Veronica Joyce 12 Comments

{via}

Just a quick update. Grad school started a few weeks ago and I've been juggling office work and course work since then. I'm not that good in time management so it's a struggle (again) to be able to finish tasks on time. And I am guilty of being lazy at times, too. 

But I am glad that I've been spending more hours reading and learning new things. I especially love getting inspiration from unlikely places. I love it that I get life lessons while reading technical writings and realizing that everything is just so interconnected. Let me share some with you and I hope you get enlightenment from these too.

  • Before talking, you must listen. To make yourself understood, you must first understand.
    - Annamaria Testa
  • It happens, that for a common vice of nature, that we conceive greater trust or stronger terror for the things we have not seen and that are hidden and unknown.
    - Julius Caesar
  • It is not the voice that directs the story: it is the ears.
    - Italo Calvino
  • It sounded an excellent plan, no doubt, and very neatly and simply arranged; the only difficulty was, that she had not the smallest idea how to set about it.
    - Lewis Carroll

This week will be spent reading and writing then reading again.  I missed studying, but I guess the rigors of it all is still a bit annoying and totally exhausting! haha

Anyway, I hope you have a much more exciting weekend!




Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Before talking, you must listen. To make yourself understood, you must first understand-- loved this. I think we all need a reminder every once and a while :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you loved it! It's one of my favorites too :)

      Delete
  2. Love this post! I have been reading a lot more lately and it's pretty crazy how words can mean SO much to you. Hope that you find time to relax during your crazy schedule and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! :) Yes, I was able to go out of the house for a few hours with my sister.. But I had to sleep at 1 am to continue reading... ^^

      Delete
  3. Hahaha, I love that Lewis Carroll quote so much! Story of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's the story of my life too! I have wonderful plans waiting to be executed, I just don't know how.. :( I hope we get something done soon enough! ^^

      Delete
  4. And this is why im always on a step forward and backward in going back to school again. Im not sure if i can juggle both work and school in my small hands :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say, just go for it kuya aleckx!! :D

      Delete