Life Lately // My Plate Is Overflowing

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 Veronica Joyce 12 Comments


Blogging has fallen two places down my priority list. Not because I care about it less, but because, right now, there are other things in my life that need more of my attention. I truly admire people who get to enjoy the best of so many worlds.

Work has become so demanding. I used to love it because I don't have to think much about it when my shift is over. It doesn't go beyond the four corners of my office cubicle. But, at the same time, the feeling that it's not that significant bothered me too. About a month ago, I was nominated to join an "elite" group of employees at work. They say, I have potentials that will get me to the next level. It's funny because the time I was informed about it, was also the moment I was seriously contemplating about looking for greener pastures (Cliche, I know). Was it a sign from heaven to stay? Maybe. I'm not sure, but I would like to give myself a chance to grow where I was planted. If this comes to nothing, then maybe, just maybe, I'm meant somewhere else.

School is equally demanding. And I feel so guilty because I am not as enthusiastic as I used to be the first semester I enrolled. I remember spending so many hours reading and researching and interacting with my classmates online. And my efforts then really paid off. Last semester was the total opposite. My sister told me that I looked like I didn't exert much effort. Sometimes, I feel like I don't have to study any further. But then again, no matter how tough the journey is, learning in and out of the classroom has its own rewards.

Though I am really busy, I am truly grateful for the things I have in my life. At times, they can be so overwhelming. I have to constantly remind myself to take things one step a time.

These days, I am learning that:

- I have to take charge of my own career. Grab the opportunities that are presented before me. I need to know what I want to learn, what I want to be, and find ways to make them happen.

- I really want a career in development work. I am learning so much at work, in school, from my classmates, and from life itself and I know that they are preparing me for a future role in this area.

- Mentors are important. And I am glad that there are people in my life who act as such. They inspire me to become more critical, hardworking and focused.

I guess this is all I've got for now. My plate is stacked with so many things and I am both happy and anxious about it. But I have confidence... in myself and in my God. :)

How about you, how's life lately?

By the way, relief operations for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda are still ongoing. Find ways to help, here.  The Filipino people are so grateful for the countless kind-hearted people all around the world who have extended help. And thank you to everyone for including the Philippines in your prayers.







keep in touch!

12 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I have felt like my job was just insignificant many times too and I know how that can stress you out. I just have to remind myself that God definitely has me in my job for a reason and the same goes for you! Glad to hear from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica... Thanks a lot for dropping by and for sharing such encouraging words each and every time. ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm not working at the moment, but when I was and had classes at the same time, blogging fell down for me too. It's hard to keep the same energy going throughout a degree. You're bound to have some semesters where you're just not as engaged as others. As long as you're still doing well, I wouldn't stress too much about it. Btw I'm following from the GYB link up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, Amanda..Yes, you're right, over thinking things can be so stressful sometimes. I just hope that we still get to have fun and be happy even when we have to juggle so many things.

      Delete
  3. Hi Vee! What an inspiring post. I think it's great that you can see and learn lessons from a period of stress. I'm kind of on the same boat, trying to balance studying 2 courses and work, and blogging. Fingers crossed we can both manage everything well without getting burned out.

    Thanks for joining this week's Grow Your Blog link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My school + becoming a academic leader made me super busy. I know what you feel, just keep your head up! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My priorities seem to shift with the seasons, forever changing. I don't think I will ever be a 365 day a year blogger. Too much life to do first. ;) New follower from the grow your blog hop. http://sweethoneyicedtea.blogspot.de/2013/12/non-gritty-totally-non-weird-gluten.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, Michelle. You are totally right, our priorities change with the seasons...I am somehow glad that that's how life is because we get to see and experience the different great things. :)

      Delete
  6. thanks for sharing.Following from the blog link up.
    http://accordingtosd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to what you are going through. Life is insane and it's so hard to slow things down and relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spot on, Kaylee! Thanks for dropping by. :)

      Delete