Between Lenses // New Beginnings

Thursday, January 23, 2014 Veronica Joyce 6 Comments

 photo BetweenLenses600x4291_zps809e501e.png
I am always on the look out for blogs to read and follow. This morning, I stumbled upon Of Trees and Hues and Tara Victoria. And they have a fun and brilliant blog project that encourages us to capture more scenes from daily life and be more creative. Though I am not a professional photographer, I thought, why not take the challenge? I love taking pictures and it's great to be able to capture photos that mean so much more than meets the eye. 

So, here's my photo for this month's theme:

NEW BEGINNINGS

 photo IMG_1015_zps549610b3.jpg

Here's a photo of a sunny morning in a tropical country like the Philippines this time of the year. Every morning is literally a new beginning for all us, though we sometimes fail to think of it that way. A lot of people, like me, love the new year because it makes us feel that we are off to a fresh start. We make new goals and resolutions. But halfway through the year, we forget about such goals. In truth, every new day is an opportunity to start afresh. We are given a chance every day to be better, to be kinder, to dream bigger.

 Let me share with you this bible verse:

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
    his mercies never come to an end;
 
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23 




If you want to join this collaboration, please click here.





keep in touch!

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this!

    Especially these lines: "In truth, every new day is an opportunity to start afresh. We are given a chance every day to be better, to be kinder, to dream bigger."

    How true! And certainly words that I try hard to remember his day. Thanks so much for this reminder and being a part of our photo project. :) So happy to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Latrina! :)

      Thank you so much for dropping by. I'm glad I found your blog and decided to join. It's really a meaningful way of looking at each month of 2014. I am looking forward to seeing the themes that you, guys, will come up with.

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful photo with an even beautiful meaning. Every start comes with a lot of opportunities and reminds us that after every end , a NEW start would surely come with happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Noor! You are right, every end is also a beginning. :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely picture! I love new starts! Good luck with it!

    - Blog hopper!

    ReplyDelete