X-MEN: Days of Future Past

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 Veronica Joyce 2 Comments


A lot of people say that things happen for a reason - even the bad things that eventually lead to good outcomes. When most people are asked if they would ever change something from their past they are quick to answer "none", for they are who they are because of whatever it is that they have gone through.

On a personal note, if I am asked, "What would you correct from your past to save the future?", I'd say... a lot of things. But among the things that didn't happen quite right in my past, one thing that I'd wish to change in order to save my future (and my present), is the separation of my parents.  I do recognize the fact that we are better off now, but, if there was something I could do to make my parents stick together without either of them getting hurt or deeply unsatisfied, I'd do it. I'd give anything just to make things better for my family.

In a more general sense, as a Filipino people, our past is so much filled with losses, mistakes and even treachery; but it is abundant with brave and patriotic individuals as well. If only we'd been wiser especially in terms of choosing our own leaders in the past years, and if only those elected officials could have been more concerned of the citizens of this country - maybe by now, we are as progressive as our neighbors.

Unless we have a time machine, we really cannot change the past anymore. But, we always look forward to brighter days, knowing that what we do now affects the future.

Such is not the case for the Mutants we have well-loved all these years - they definitely have the power to correct things in the past to save the future and this recent X-MEN movie is all about that and more.

Am I the only one excited for this movie? Definitely not.




connect with me here:

2 comments: