Awesome October!

Friday, October 01, 2010 Nicajoice 0 Comments

Today’s October 1st. In the words of someone I know, it’s a “Fresh start to end the year outrageously”. Firsts always signify a new beginning for us. It is always an opportunity to do something greater, to stand-out!

This morning when I woke up I started reciting out loud the dreams/wishes/prayers I’ve printed on four pages of bond paper which I posted on my bedroom wall to serve as a reminder. I was reading them while stretching and it felt so good; I believed all of those dreams will come true, slowly but surely.

September has been a blast… And for sure, October’s going to be a lot of fun too. Aside from the fact that we’re a few months nearer Christmas, October is going to be full of events;


  • Now’s the month of the Holy Rosary
    Let’s spend some time praying this very powerful prayer dedicated to the Queen of Heaven and Earth. A lot of people complain that the rosary is repetitive; a formulaic prayer that when uttered over and over slowly losses its significance and meaning. I used to think so too. But, my Re-Ed teacher told me a few years back that praying the rosary is just like telling your loved one “I love you” over and over again. And when you really love someone, you won’t get tired of saying you love him/her, right?

    I’ve also read in the book LOVE LIFE by Bro. George Gabriel that praying the rosary becomes even more meaningful when we dedicate each bead to someone we love or care about. When we finish the five decades, we’ve also finished praying for 50 people; those prayers would surely make a difference.

  • October 9 is the celebration of the Feast of Our Lady of La Naval de Manila. Every year, a procession around Sto. Domingo Church in Quezon City is attended by numerous Marian devotees who believe that their prayers will be answered through the intercession of Mother Mary.
  • On a personal note, October 22nd is my father’s 53rd birthday. I may not be with him to celebrate this special day, but he is and will always be included in my prayers. I wish him good health and a happy and fulfilled life.

These are just some of the things that make October a special month for me and for everyone. I hope that by the end of this month, I can strike out some from my wish list and continue to add more.

All of us gets so surprised when we realize that time has gone by so fast, more so when we are faced with the reality that we haven’t done so much. Indeed, it is time to be outrageous! Go out of your comfort zone. Think out of the box. Don’t just fly but soar. Be outstanding.

Let's fill October with brilliant, awesome, ass-kicking experiences!

0 comments: