Today, I Was Not My Normal Self
It is the time of the month when I'd wish I was not a woman. Blame it on the usual menstrual cramps. Although it was not as painful as the previous months, I still felt so uncomfortable and I could only hope that I was not at work feeling every bit of the pain; helpless and hopeless against the constricting sensation that's inside me and the merciless cold office temperature that was making this entire monthly ordeal quite unbearable.I blame this too for making me extra sensitive today. Every comment tinged with sarcasm accompanied with mocking laughter was just so annoying. Or was I blowing things out of proportion? Had it been an ordinary day, I'd just be a plain remark that I would not really care about. But today is not an ordinary day. And somehow, I have allowed the negativity creep through me and for a few seconds I felt so lost. I ran to the comfort room and gave myself a minute to cry. I was like releasing the floodgate of negative energy and for a very short while all I could think about was how some things in my life are not quite right.
A few people around me were driving me nuts and I just wanted to hate them. But then, a faint voice was telling me, "write your hurts on the sand." Yeah, they are not usually irritating. And I am not usually this unstable. So, I had to let it go.
I wish it was a better day. (I've been finding myself wishing all too often lately). I've been conditioning myself to be happy whatever the circumstances are, but I guess physical pain is a different matter altogether. I bet this is a reminder too... that I need to start living a more active lifestyle. Healthy diet and lots and lots of exercise. Yoga, perhaps.

same here... im suffering menstrual cramps all the time... I always take pain killers. P.S. i finally found out how to comment on your blog....It works when I use my google account and doesn't work with my wordpress account :D
ReplyDeleteI try not to take meds. But, I was forced to take one yesterday coz I didn't want to collapse on the way home. :( So hate this! haha.. good to know that Jackie... Thanks for dropping by :D
ReplyDelete