Countdown to Freedom

Friday, December 17, 2010 Nicajoice 0 Comments

Six months from now, I am not sure whether I would still find myself sitting on this same spot, doing the same thing, being with the same people. I really can't predict what lies ahead. What I know for sure is that I will not stop until I find that place where my heart is at peace... Where I can be as patient or as kind as I should be because I love where I am and the people I am with. I long for the day when I don't have to keep ill-feelings against others, or try to pretend to be someone I am not.

I know I should learn to love the unlovable, try to understand those who have done me wrong... But I also believe that I should veer away from toxic people... from people who do not bring out the best in me, from people who do not encourage me to love or be positive, from people who force me to harbor hatred and from people who simply make my day miserable.

I believe God wants me to be in a place where I don't have to swallow my hurts back, or to keep my tears from falling. He wants me to be in a company of people where I can freely laugh without fear of having said the wrong thing... where I can freely say what I have in mind without worrying that it's totally different from the rest. I know God wants me to be in a place where I can just be me, without this ever occuring suffocating feeling and this pain that keeps stabbing my heart every now and then.

I just want to be free...

I will be in 157 days.

0 comments: