Believe in Blessings
I know this is a few days late for a new-year post but it's better late than never, as they always say. It's 2011! Now is the fourth day of the eleventh year of the twenty first century. It's incredible. 2010 has long been over and here we are now at the threshold of new beginnings.
It's time for new year's resolutions again. And even though such resolutions are always meant to be broken, it's never a waste to just try to have some goals this year... goals to improve, be better and simply let go of the past - may they be bad habits, mistakes, sufferings and foolishness. Somehow, we just have to unload our burdens and be more optimistic. Anyway, God created yesterday so there can be a place where we can bury our hurts. And there is today and tomorrow so we can always have a fresh start.
I believe 2011 is going to be an amazing year. It's going to be the best year ever! And for this year, I just want to believe in one thing: Blessings.
Believe in Blessings. This was Bro. George's talk last Sunday during The Feast. And he raised three essential points. Important things that, I think, we should always remember so we can make the most out of 2011... out of this yet another chance to live.
It would be comforting to bear this three things in mind. And I've come to realize that I wish to build my year on this three.
God wants to bless me/us. Even before we ask, even before we send a prayer or wish to heaven, and even before we give out that long and exhausted sigh of desperation, God knows what to do. He has already planned something for us. So, this year, I will try my very best to worry less... to be more trusting. But, while trusting God that He will never abandon me nor leave me hungry, I will do my very best to prepare myself in receving His blessings.
- I will be more patient and understanding.
- I will do my best to fulfill my obligations at work.
- I will try hard to fulfill my role as a daughter, a sister and a friend.
- I will do my best, believing that God will do the rest for me. :)
God knows when to bless me/us. In times when we think that God hasn't answered our prayers, He's just actually waiting for the perfect time. He's just actually waiting for us... Remember, Jesus is the Good Shepherd and He leads us to where the grass is green. He allows us to lie, sit and enjoy His good pasture, even when we have the slightest idea that it is a "green pasture". While preparing myself for God's miracles,
- I will work hard to make myself a better person, not just externally but internally.
- I will keep my body, mind and soul healthy, so I'd have the energy and strength to chase after my dreams until I finally reach them.
*While waiting for that "perfect" life-partner that God has prepared for me, I'll seek to make myself a better person as well, so I'd be equally "perfect" when we finally meet. :) I'm sure tired of waiting (at this age, I shouldn't be this desperate, I know... haha) but, I'll just enjoy the waiting part.
God wants me/us to bless others. Yes, God pours out His blessings upon us so we can bless others in return. What good are blessings if they are kept away from those who need them most. Anyway, they just rot when we finally have to leave our earthly lives. For this year, I am more excited to share what I have - money, time, talent.
- I'll be more active in various ministries and other volunteer works.
- I'll give more time to friends, family and my caring group peers.
- I'll take time to write more so I can make a difference in my own little way.
- I'll spend more time in praying so I can fully discern my life's purpose.
In general, these are the things I wish to live by this year. i want to do significant things everyday no matter how small they may seem. I want to be productive. I'd try to do things I've never done before (but without compromising my beliefs and principles).
I'll seize each day! :) 


0 comments: