My Life's Chronicler
Then comes blogging. I never really had a blog. I tried keeping one in college. But in the midst of school requirements overload and the inconsistent access to internet, I stopped. But I managed to keep diaries still, with journal entries scattered in different notebooks, short notes and doodles on my textbooks or photocopied readings. I never tried starting a blog again until I was inspired by someone.
Let's just call him "D". His career path is way way different from a writer or a journalist but I was so inspired by his writings (yes, he's a "he") that I immediately sign up for a blog in blogspot (this!) August this year. I was so amazed at how he poured all his thoughts and emotions and so thrilled of the fact that he is able to inspire a lot of people like me. Aside from knowing a little about him, I was able to know myself too. By writing, I am able to express myself and in return, start discovering who I really am. Just like when I write something in the midst of too much anger. Then reading such entry after a couple of months makes me realize how I can become or what words I can just blurt out when I am too mad. I just get so unreasonable sometimes (haha). Whenever I write, I'll always remember him.
I am inspired even more by bloggers like Naomi, from Minnesota, whose posts about her husband and three kids always give me a slice of the joy of having a family to share everyday miracles with. And just recently, I've been reading Bianca Gonzalez' blog - she is indeed SuperBianca. It's interesting to witness how her dreams have come true one by one. She is a woman of faith, humility and great determination. And I wish I could be just like her. I love blogging even more because of people like them - ordinary people leading extraordinary lives.
It feels so good to write about something especially when it's about a miracle or something that has really made me happy or something so inspiring that I wish others could be positively influenced too. It's also a stress reliever to write about something that makes me feel so down and lonely. Clicking "Publish Post" gives me a liberating feeling. Another blessing being shared. Another hurt being let go. Another wish being sent to heaven.
I want to continue blogging. Write so much more about the beauty of life. About the necessity of pain. About the bliss of overcoming an obstacle. I want to write until my hair turns gray. I wish to have something to look back to as years go by. I want to record significant events... milestones. I am curious at how my life story's going to unfold. So I'll write everything here. And maybe in the years to come, relive and reminisce how I lived my life. It's going to be exciting!
I am my life's Chronicler.

super nice joyce. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for reading hard! :) Thanks for taking the time to drop by.. I miss you so much, and our Sunrise/Pagsikat days.. hehe
ReplyDeleteVery nice entry, Joyce. I remember one of our conversations back in college when we were both Speech Comm freshies. We talked about our love for writing and us being in our school papers in high school. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Kath! thanks for reading.. yeah, I also remember those days. Those are moments in UP I'll never forget.. ^^ It's amazing how we've gone from there to here.. hehe
ReplyDelete