Going Back to the One I Love
The thought of going back to Davao after three long years makes me feel like melting. Yeah, the same feeling when you see an incredibly good-looking guy and assume or wish that he's looking at you too. Or when your ultimate crush finally notices you after years of acting as if you're invisible. :) In short, it's like falling in love. As the days slowly unfold, I'm getting more jittery and overly happy, just like a lover aching to be in the arms of the one she loves.
I miss the simple life in my hometown. The fresh air, the seemingly endless and unrecognizable highways, with no markers but vast expanse of banana plantation. I miss indulging in very cheap produce like pomelo, lanzones, durian, and mangosteen. I miss my high school and the church beside it that holds so much memories - it actually is the most unforgettable place during my high school years. I miss everything I can think of and everything that is buried deep in my memory. I miss the feeling of being there. I miss the people, most especially. My family, my friends, my teachers, my neighbors, my childhood crushes.
A couple of days from now, I'd be able to get a taste of Davao life once again. And I am going to make the most of it. Lose not a single minute, but savor all there is to enjoy. I can't wait.
Davao will always be my home, no matter where my feet will lead me in the future or where I've been to in the recent years, it's always the place that holds my heart.
Credits: Photo - davaolife.com; skyscraperslife.com


hi joyce. i'm glad nakauwi ka sa probinsya mo hehe ngayong ko lang nanotice maganda ang layout ng blog mo. and i quite envy your blog kasi may google ads. unlike sa blog ko, wordpress kasi. bawal ang ads :) anyway happy new year ;)
ReplyDeleteHi Jackie! Thanks for dropping by.. yeah, super saya magbakasyon sa Davao. hehe. Thanks for appreciating the lay-out of my blog. nag experiment lang ako.hehe. Move to blogspot para may ads ka din..hehehe. Actually, Im not earning anything, pero ok lang.. haha. Happy New Year din!
ReplyDelete