1st Korean Class. 3rd Teacher.
![]() |
| In the Elevator. On the way to my teacher's unit.hehe |
Her name is Lynn. And more than being my student (now my teacher), she is my friend. I can tell her a lot of things. Language has never been a problem between us. And since we have not seen each other for quite a while, we were eager to know the latest happenings in each other's lives. Her first question was, "Do you have a boyfriend now?" She was a bit sad because she got my usual answer. Then later asked, "Why? What have you been doing, teacher?" haha. She's quite funny! In just a few minutes I was able to tell her weeks-worth of stories and she has nothing to say but, "You are really so busy." And I could only nod in agreement.
She helped me study the recent TOPIK test (you can get a copy of the test here). She asked me to read the questions aloud before answering and was very keen in correcting my pronunciation. Here are samples of the test questions:
She helped me study the recent TOPIK test (you can get a copy of the test here). She asked me to read the questions aloud before answering and was very keen in correcting my pronunciation. Here are samples of the test questions:
Korean pronunciation is really hard and there are some rules that I have to remember. Sometimes, the pronunciation is a bit different from the way a word is written.
For example,
the past tense of "wear" - 입었어요 (ip-eoss-eo-yo) is read as 이벗써요 (i-beot-sseo-yo). whenever a consonant is placed under a vowel, it is carried over to the next vowel, such as in the case illustrated above.
I also learned the following expressions/sentences.
저는 어제 회사일을 마치고 집으로 갔어요.
(jeo-neun eo-je hwe-sa-ireul ma-chi-go jib-eu-ro kass-eo-yo)"Yesterday, I went home after work."
(jeo-neun eo-je hwe-sa-ireul ma-chi-go jib-eu-ro kass-eo-yo)"Yesterday, I went home after work."
아니요, 모자를 쓰지 않아요.
(a-ni-yo, mo-ja-reul sseu=ji ahn-a-yo)"No, I don't wear a hat." [Polite sentence]
아니요, 모자를 쓰지 않습니다.
(a-ni-yo, mo-ja-reul sseu-ji ahn-seum-ni-da) "No, I don't wear a hat." [More polite. Used when talking to an older person.]
(a-ni-yo, mo-ja-reul sseu=ji ahn-a-yo)"No, I don't wear a hat." [Polite sentence]
아니요, 모자를 쓰지 않습니다.
(a-ni-yo, mo-ja-reul sseu-ji ahn-seum-ni-da) "No, I don't wear a hat." [More polite. Used when talking to an older person.]
We had to end after an hour because it was her turn to study English. I actually learned a lot in that short span of time. Some I've already learned before but I just forgot. It was totally a refresher.
Lynn also got me a present from Korea. Can't wait for our next class! By the way, don't forget to enter the GIVE AWAY here.




0 comments: