It Wasn't So Bad After All

Thursday, December 30, 2010 Nicajoice 0 Comments

My day yesterday didn't really start out right. I wasn't able to go to work the first half of the day because of dysmenorrhea (never fails to knock on my door once a month) and because I woke up at 8 which should be the time I leave home for work if I fancy not being late. So, I stayed in bed for a few more hours... to lazy to get moving.

When I got to work, I received a text message which made me got all worried (it's in the post I wrote yesterday, though I didn't give out much details). Crying was such a relief really... After consoling myself, and with my mother's constant optimism, I got better.. I felt better, believing that everything well be A-OK in no time. I just have to put my trust to that Loving Being up there.

When I got home, I got so frustrated again when I found out that my younger brother accidentally locked my room. It wouldn't be a huge problem if I had a key, but I didn't. I never had since I moved in. I've been asking the landlady to give me a duplicate but she seems to be ignoring my text messages...only attentive when it's time for me to pay the rent. So it was a BIG deal. I was worried how we were going to open the door. My older brother once tried opening that door with a knife, scraping the frame just so he could use a card or something to turn the knob but to no avail. He was only able to open it by climbing on the wall outside and push himself up the balcony where he was able to enter through my bedroom window. I thought, my younger brother could do that too, but I am a paranoid sister and I started thinking of worse scenarios - what if the guard from the neighboring subdivision thinks he's a burglar and shoot him right there and then? (really morbid!) What if he falls while climbing the wall? (I won't be able to forgive myself if that happens). I was so frustrated and angry... at no one in particular.

We tried the wall. But it was too high. Really impossible to climb and scary too! We didn't have a choice but to ask our neighbor to allow my brother to go up their room and use their balcony so he could enter through my room's window. But it wasn't that easy. Because we (my housemates and I) were at war with our next-door neighbor. Because they are always inconsiderate and insensitive, being so noisy in the middle of the night till early in the morning. We mutually hate each other. But in times of desperation, one just have to forget any kind of animosity. So, I knocked on their door, and with the sweetest voice I could muster, I asked them if they could please please allow my brother to bridge over from their balcony to mine. And they didn't fail me... as if we never had a hostile history. :) I thanked them countless times.

And the night ended with laughter.

In moments of sheer desperation, we can rely on friends and comrades, but sometimes we can swallow our pride and be courageous enough to ask help from an "enemy". It's one small way towards forgiveness and one day, harmony.

0 comments: