♥Happy - 행복하다 ♥

Friday, July 29, 2011 Nicajoice 0 Comments

(photo taken here)


I’ve been quite happy recently because I have simply chosen to be. Although there are hang ups, glitches, and all other stuff trying their best to burst my happy bubble and though they sometimes succeed - for a few minutes - I’m always back to the happy person that I want to be.

In spite of the gazillion things that I must, have, want and need to do, I’ve slowly come to realize that the only remedy to stress is by taking things one step at a time. And that even in the chaos that surrounds us, it pays to slow down – take a deep breath, savor the moment, listen to a friend, watch a romantic movie and just fall in love, drown in a song’s lovely melody, lend a helping hand, make a new friend and keep the old ones. :D

Learning something new keeps me hyped up these days. Even though my progress is slow, I have discovered that my Korean skill is actually improving. Somehow, I can sustain a conversation without switching to English right away. And that even though it’s still hard for me to actually speak Korean, I have observed that my reading comprehension has become a lot better in a span of two months. And that each and every day, I get to learn something new. Thanks to my teachers slash friends.

Here are tidbits of interesting things/learning/links I gathered this week.
- Hanlingo is a great website for people who’d like to learn a different language. Members are friendly and polite.
- For those who'd like to practice keeping a journal in Korean, this site is going to be very helpful. You can be a member, post an entry and someone can actually correct what you wrote. The site is free. :D
- I have also finally found a good website that teaches basic Korean sentence patterns in a very comprehensive manner. Watching the videos in this site feels like going to an actual Korean class. I highly recommend this to everyone.

Weekend is here once again! I know it's going to be a lot of fun. It's a time of relaxation for most people, but it's not quite for me. But, I'm actually grateful that my weekend is always jam-packed and always filled with opportunities to learn something new and to touch people's lives.

0 comments: