Love Is...

Monday, September 12, 2011 Nicajoice 2 Comments

Whisper to me a dream,

And I will take you to it;

For that is how I want you.

Tell me what you want,

And I will work with you to reach it;

For that is how I love you.

Take me to where your fantasies lie,

And I will soar with you there;

For that is how I desire you.

Let me kiss your eyes in the morning,

And I will be your sunlight;

For that is how I want to be.

Show me how you make roses bloom in darkness,

And I will make the nights longer;

For that is how I yearn for you.

Take me to the depths of your soul,

And I will adore you on higher ground;

For that is how I esteem you.

Tell me when it is time to let go,

And I will let you fly free;

For that is how you must live.

Let my words, stand in fullness,

And yet, not part with you what I cannot;

For that is how real love is.

This poem was written by a good friend (Ate)Jane Tacorda. She really has this amazing gift with words and the ability to express what she really feels through poems. And this one truly spoke to me in a very remarkable way.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, that is a very sweet poem.

    Fickle Cattle
    ficklecattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I dropped by your blog and it's interesting! I'll check it out more often. :D

    ReplyDelete