His Mercy, Everlasting

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 Nicajoice 0 Comments


Photobucket
{via}
I have failed God time and again. I promise to reform, to change my ways, to do things better but my weakness overpowers me and I end up betraying myself and God. I was consumed by guilt the moment I woke up this morning, I know I cannot undo my mistakes. I know that losing control, losing oneself is never an excuse. And I am doubly sorry for everything that had brought me a step farther from God, worst, I caused another person to feel so awful and sorry. If I could only turn back time, I'd be much stronger and wiser. 

I feel terribly low right now and as I reflect on what I have done, I cannot help but shed a few tears as if they could wash away my misery. And yet, I found these very comforting words. I may have failed countless of times, the mercy of God remains - it is everlasting. And as such, I am given another day to live, forgive myself, ask for forgiveness and move on. It is only by the grace of God that moving on is possible.

0 comments: