Friday's Letters (Blogiversary Edition, & the Longest By Far)

Friday, August 17, 2012 Veronica Joyce 1 Comments

Dear Self,

          Congratulations! I can still remember the day you promised that unlike all your other online journals, this blog stays for good. And you made it! Well, at least for two straight years.  I know how much you've gained from this whole experience not just numbers-wise or follower-wise. I am happy that as this blog grows, you grow along with it and those people that make this whole journey worthwhile. I know that you will always be happy and productive as you do the thing you love the most - writing.


Dear Mama,

          Thank you for being the first person who has ever read this blog. I know you have seen the most honest version of me here. I know I made you cry too whenever I write something about our family, I don't know if my writings are way too sentimental or you are simply a fast crier just like me. :D But I am so grateful for your support... For always appreciating the stuff I write, for being my number one fan way back the time I had my first article published in the school paper. My dreams weren't this big if you did not nurture them. I love you to bits!

Dear A,

            It is you who came so recently in my life. But I guess you are one of the few people who know the real me from head to toe. Thank you for being the most honest critique of this blog. For unconsciously reminding me of my true purpose, for appreciating all the lines I write for you may they be as short as a tweet or as long as a novel. I want you to know that I'd love you to stick around until the next next blogiversaries and beyond!

Dear Sunday Friends,

            Thank you for letting me know that this blog is read. Annoying as it may sometimes (haha), thank you for attaching "Embracing It All" to my name. I feel like I had it patented for the sole purpose of this blog. haha. I think this is the only blog I know which has been turned into a live "talk show" with yours truly as the host! :D No one beats the wit and humor of this Sunday Family. You all know how much I love to serve the Lord with you. And thank you for being my source of inspiration as my experiences with you have graced this blog time and again.



Dear Lovely Readers, Blogger Friends, Sponsors,

         Thank you for showing interest in this blog... for leaving such sweet and sincere comments... for taking the time to let me know how you feel... for agreeing to have my buttons have a place in your own corners... for blogging, because I am inspired by your life and the way you always choose to be positive and respectful and friendly. Thanks a bunch for following on GFC, for liking my Facebook Page, for Tweeting... they all mean so much because they let me know that I am not a lone voice in the wilderness... that I am a part of a community. For letting me know that my words make you realize something, or that they are the words you need at the moment, or that they have inspired you too to start writing your own. With all of these, I know this blog is fulfilling its purpose.

Dear "Friday's Letters" & Ashley,

        Thank you so much for this brilliant idea! :) Fridays on this blog will never be the same without these notes. This is the link-up I appreciate the most because I do not feel in any way obligated to comply, or forced to write to gain followers. I love this because writing letters flows naturally out of me. This has given me the opportunity too, to connect with other bloggers in a more personal way. Ashley, you are such a bright young woman. I want you to know that I am inspired by your life and your strength. I pray that you continue to bring joy to the people around you not just in the blogging world. God bless you  and your family, always!

Dear God,

            Thank you for giving me this gift... for giving me the courage to express myself in the written word. I hope I am able to glorify you not just through my writings but through my deeds as well. Thank you for that one fateful day when you inspired me to write again. Thank you for using someone to push me to start this blog. Indeed, there is never a thing that happens without a reason. I pray that you continue to bless me with good health and enthusiasm to discover more of life and reflect life's lessons here. All praise and honor to You, Oh God!

A writer — and, I believe, generally all persons — must think that whatever happens to him or her is a resource. All things have been given to us for a purpose, and an artist must feel this more intensely. All that happens to us, including our humiliations, our misfortunes, our embarrassments, all is given to us as raw material, as clay, so that we may shape our art
-Jorge Luis Borges







Photobucket

1 comment: