//TAKE US ON A TOUR// FIRST STOP - Philippines!

Friday, August 17, 2012 Veronica Joyce 10 Comments


          Hello friends! This blog is still on a celebratory mood! :) Apart from the letters you might have read here, I also came up with something fun for myself, my readers and my sponsors - the blog buttons you see on the side. You see, they are really cool people in their very own unique ways. Don't you just love to get to know them a little bit better? This series is all about that. It's like visiting a friend. And what do great hospitable friends do? Exactly, take us on a TOUR!

          Our first stop is the PHILIPPINES! Yes, my motherland.  And I'm gonna take you to Taal Lake in Tagaytay. The lake is once a crater of a larger volcano that exploded years and years ago. In the middle of it is a smaller volcano that has shown some signs of activity almost a year ago. Tagaytay is a relatively short ride from Manila - the capital city of the Philippines. It is a favorite vacation place by a lot of local and international tourists. It boasts of a cooler temperature, scenic spots and home to affordable fruits and top of the line restaurants overlooking the lake. There are hotels, parks and retreat houses for reflection and relaxation purposes around the vicinity.

          Tagaytay is a special place for me. I went here alone two years ago. To de-stress, to relax and find time to think things over. I talked to God with these picturesque scenes in view. I went here a day after I published my first post here (see? this post is still connected with my blogiversary, :D). That day, I resolved to do things better... to improve my life. I even wrote a lot of my goals in a notebook. And one thing I clearly remember is this - I told God that the next time I'll go to that same spot (see bottom right photo in the collage) I'd be with the man I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with. I have not gone back to the same spot since. Will let you know the moment I have done so. :)


          There goes today's mini/virtual tour. This is just one of the many beautiful places in my country. There are so much more to discover. After all, the Philippines has more than 7000 islands.

           Next stop is in another lake but somewhere in the US of A. We'll say "Hello" to a blogger friend from New Jersey. Do not miss the tour! Drop by again next time, better yet, follow me on Twitter to know when the next tour post is up!

           Did you like today's post? Leave a comment below.  Your thoughts will be much appreciated. :)

I am also linking-up with:

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by. I am your newest follower

    V
    http://svenagrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome, and thank you for following! :)

      Delete
  2. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! Would love to visit there!
    I found you thru the once a month blog hop! FOLLOWING YOU! YAY!

    Tif
    Ramblings of a Southern Belle
    http://www.her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tif! :) Visited your blog, love it! :) I'm your newest follower :)

      Delete
  3. Hello fellow I Love My Online Friends GFC Hop-er! I actually recognize your blog from other blog hops. Please check out my blog, if you haven't already. (And follow.) Have a great week. :)

    Kristina
    http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristina, I'm already following your blog. :) Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  4. Your photos are beautiful! I'm your newest follower from the Networking hop and I'd love a follow back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com when you get a chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie. I'm your newest follower too! :)

      Delete
  5. 7000 islands?! I had NO idea. I am SO bad at Geography.

    (new follower, found you over at the Blog Hop)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photography! I've never been to the Phillippines, but you definitely made me realize that I need to put it on my "places to travel" list.

    Lisa
    P.S. Thanks for stopping by and linking up to the GtKY blog hop! :)

    ReplyDelete