Today I am Grateful Vol. 1

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 Veronica Joyce 0 Comments

grat·i·tude /ˈgratəˌt(y)o͞od/ noun 
the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness

Once in a while, life presents us with bumps on the road. Even after a firm resolve to embrace that "yolo" attitude, things happen that inevitably pushes us to take a single step backward. With a blink of an eye, life is not that beautiful anymore, or so it seems. I am never the perky type, no matter how much I want myself to be. I get easily depressed and am such a chronic worrier. I recently told a friend how I sometimes feel upset at the thought of getting older but not really getting any closer to where I want to be. How do I brush off this negative feeling? Surely, there's no cure but a personal decision to see life in a better light - not in the failures and challenges that come along the way, but in the precious moments of simple and profound happiness.

Here's a list of what I am grateful for today.

1/ Having a niece whose sweetness is super contagious. Her laughter perks up everyone at home. She is witty and very much inquisitive. She says what's on her mind, can be stubborn at times, but she quickly understands why she can't always have her way.

2/ Going back to my Alma Mater where I spent 6 years of my life with the most memorable teachers and awesome classmates.

3/ Getting a free movie date from NuffnangPH.

4/ Spending Sunday afternoon with my younger sister, a rarity these days. Last Sunday, we went to the mall after hearing mass, had lunch and spent a couple of hours in the arcade.

5/ Catching up with a friend on a holiday and going to the happiest place on earth (The Feast) on a Sunday. It is always nice to know that I can totally be myself with Carlo, one of my closest friends in the world.

6/ Meeting one of my gradeschool teachers again after such a long time and to be told how much she is proud of me.

7/ Capturing how beautiful this world is.

8/ Cooking decent meals at home. Last night was Tuna Spaghetti. Yum!


How about you guys, what are you grateful for today?


P.S. I'm linking up with:





connect with me here

0 comments: