The Waiting Series: Rascal Flatts

Friday, November 18, 2011 Nicajoice 0 Comments


Today, November 18th, 2011, I am officially starting "The Waiting Series". This idea just popped up while I was listening to a Rascal Flatts song. You see, most people hate waiting. Waiting for the train or bus to arrive. Waiting for food to be served. Waiting for the results of that nerve-wracking exam. Waiting for answers. Waiting for someone. Yes, with all the mad rush around and the need to speed up, we are (unfortunately) an impatient breed.

And waiting makes us nervous, anxious, scared. We'll never know what's about to come. And that is what I feel half of the time - fearful of the unknown. At this point in my life, I am waiting for that special person to come. I don't know who he is. Is he someone from my past or my future? Or is he in my present? Really, these questions are bugging me. And I am, like the rest of the human race, impatient. But then, who says waiting can't be fun?

So, here I am making this "waiting" a whole lot better. I'll try to share songs, stories, images, quotable quotes all about waiting for that one true love. If you have some, let me know and I'll share it to the rest of the blogosphere. Check out this series every Friday, until the waiting is over. :D

And to officially jumpstart this hopefully-not-a-very-long-series (haha), let me share with you Rascal Flatt's Waiting All My Life. I love this song, with all my heart. The words, the music, everything! It speaks of how waiting feels like. And finally never have to wait any longer. I love the song because it's hopeful. It tells you that although at some point you missed each other, you will eventually find a way to where the other half of your heart is. 


So there, enjoy!!!




Everybody needs it
Everybody wants it
Everybody's searching for someone
Been down a thousand highways
I never thought would end
Baby, I've been

Waiting all my life to find you
Always been one step behind you
Your love babe
I've been waiting all my life

I was tired of waiting
Every night was praying
Everyday would be the day I'd find you
I grew so impatient, how long would it take
To know you were out there somewhere
Somewhere waiting, wondering just like me


I've been waiting all my life to love you
All that time I was dreaming of you
Your love babe
I've been waiting all my life

And did I lose faith, did I lose heart
Maybe I did, but I never lost my way
To where you are-I've been

Your love I've been waiting
Your love I've been waiting all my life
All my life, all my life

0 comments: