waiting, literally.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 Veronica Joyce 6 Comments





i remember that usual route to home after I finish a two-hour class with lynn. i remember that one night, as i turn in that familiar street corner, and as I stood in the same old spot waiting for a bus. I remember that same stormy night as I firmly held an umbrella to keep myself protected from the ravaging rain. I remember that moment when everybody else had taken a ride and I was left alone knowing fully well that a bus was on its way except that I knew not of the exact time. I remember that night, when without reservations or any false pretense, I thought out loud and told my twenty-two year old self, “I wish someone was waiting with me”. 

you know, some people dream of a man who owns a luxurious car and hope that they’d never have to take public transport again. i'd be a  hypocrite not to admit that i too, dream of the same once in a while. but in that particular night, two years ago, my heart longed for a little bit more. yes, a bit more. i wasn’t asking for someone who could drive me home, i was longing for someone who would hold my hand and wait with me. someone who would keep me sane, because for all we know, life is a waiting game and sometimes, it is just so terrifying to wait alone. 

when i would take that old route, i knew that buses were scarce. i knew that there were more commuters than there were buses. i knew that it would take several attempts to take one. yet, i also knew that eventually, i’d be able to go home. and even with this knowledge, i’d say a little prayer – Lord, please let the bus come. let the bus come. let the bus come. and then it comes, not earlier than i had hoped for but i guess, it would always come at the right time.

{via}

and you know what? love, and life,  is just like that. we wait. and then life happens.  love surprises us.


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. beautiful post. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a wonderful writer, you know that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Kotryna! I dropped by your blog and I love it! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you, Cha! I miss you so bad :( :)

      Delete