Bits & Bites

Friday, February 24, 2012 Nicajoice 5 Comments


Hello everyone! I am doing a link up to this lovely blog. I think it's quite nice to wrap up a day or even a week with some short updates. It's a fun way of getting to know each other and sharing some random facts about our lives. So here are some pieces of my week (well, not entirely).

Bits & Bites

1.) Feb. 22nd was Ash Wednesday, the start of the season of Lent. And for a Catholic nation like the Philippines, most people actually take the time to go to Church on this holy day of obligation. I attended the mass held at a place near work. And as I was heading to my next destination that night, I spotted this decorative cherry blossom tree and took a picture of it. No connection to Ash Wednesday whatsoever.
2.) My officemates and I went to a Persian restaurant last night for  "midnight snacks" right after going to a wake.  I had shawarma sandwich. It was really yummy but I failed to take a decent picture because I didn't have my digital camera with me.
3.) Because I got home really late last night, my boss moved my 9am to 6pm shift to 1pm to 10pm. Not really my ideal work sched but it suited me just fine today cause I got the time to process my gradschool requirements this morning.
4.) That's me in UP (University of the Philippines).
5.) Maroon and Green are UP colors. 
6.) Sunny day in UP.
7.) Lenten meal. Since the start of Lent every faithful Catholic is encouraged to practice fasting and abstinence. It means, no meat on Wednesdays and Fridays. Other sacrifices are also made - like abstaining from drinking alcoholic or carbonated drinks and other stuff. I'd definitely give up eating meat, hopefully for the entire 40 days. So I got myself garden salad in asian dressing and mushroom soup for lunch. 

There! That practically sums up my Friday and a peek on the other two days of my work week.
I hope we all get to have a nice weekend. I'm thinking of just staying at home, catch up with the laundry and other cleaning chores. I might watch some movies too. And I'm actually looking forward to making toaster cake. :)


5 comments:

  1. I'm your newest follower from the Bits and Bites link up :) the tree is really cool! Hope you have a good Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! :) Checked out your site. Lovely! following you now too :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you decided to participate in the Bits & Bites link up! Love the pictures, and those shoes are adorable! I hope lent is going well so far!

    PIECE OF CAKE. PEACE OF MIND.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kendra... nice of you to think of having this link-up. I've always loved your blog. :) Yeah, Lent is going pretty well. :)

      Delete