Finding Serenity @ SereniTEA

Monday, March 12, 2012 Nicajoice 2 Comments

Sunday, I had a date with my bestfriend, Junel. It was a celebration for his upcoming graduation. And being a milktea addict that I am, what better way to spend the day than by lounging at a famous milktea place somewhere in Banawe.

He paid for everything because it was (in his words) his "moment to shine". It was a time to celebrate. And you know, I do enjoy being treated out sometimes. :) But then, I had to burst the happy bubble earlier on because of my personal issues. I badly needed someone to talk or else I'd lose my sanity.

So, being the good friend that he is, Junel bought Milktea Classic-Hokkaido for me, Summer Frost for himself and Pepper Tofu for both of us. And of course, he gave me something priceless - his time. Time to listen to my ailing heart's sentiments.

In the many years that we've been friends, Junel is my go-to-person whenever I am too burdened. When the pressures at work or personal life are about to crush me. He is ever willing to listen to my rants and frustrations. And he's the one I share some of my small victories with. He is a friend and a brother. He is family. That's why I was so happy when I found out that he's finally graduating. I have no idea how hard it must have been, because as close as we are, I am afraid that Junel rarely shares his innermost thoughts, or maybe it is I who always do the talking :(.

Or maybe, he is such a positive, cheerful person that he'd rather talk about the less serious stuff. Nonetheless, I always enjoy his company. My day would have been as gloomy as the sky that Sunday afternoon but because I have such great friend who seem to understand what other people cant, the day unfolded in brighter hues.

At times when I feel that the world is harsh, and when things do not seem to go right, I still feel blessed to have a friend as the one I have. And I'd keep thanking the Lord for this gift.

So, I survived Day 1 (of moving on)! Thanks to Junel and milktea. :)

2 comments:

  1. thanks joyce...
    I also had a great time...
    food could really fill in the gaps of a broken heart...
    let us be happy and stay friends forever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nel, you are always welcome! :) cheers to a very good and sturdy friendship! mwah! ^^

    ReplyDelete