The Waiting Series: Certainty

Friday, December 09, 2011 Nicajoice 0 Comments

Yay! It's Friday friends. And I just have to get this post up earlier since I won't be in front of the computer for the rest of the day. hehe.

Last Monday, I came across this photo, and this quote from Pinterest (the next big thing since Facebook, I guess, haha). 
via
“Four years ago, I was just a guy who had a crush on a girl, who had a boyfriend. And I had to do the hardest thing that I’ve ever had to do, which was just to… wait…And, a lot of people told me I was crazy to wait this long for a date with a girl I work with but I think, even then I knew that… I was waiting for my wife.” -Jim Halpert

Isn't that the sweetest?? "Even then I knew that... I was waiting for my wife." Wow! I was just taken by those words.

I immediately searched who this Jim Halpert is. And it turns out, he's a fictional character in the American sitcom, The Office. Jim Halpert is played by John Krasinski. Well, for one , I have not watched a single episode of The Office, let alone know that Jim Halpert is not a real guy. But who cares? These dramas are based on realities as well, right?

Well, more than the identity of Jim Halpert, I guess I was more impressed at the character's certainty.  He knows who he wants and is determined to be with the woman he loves. He is brave enough to wait.  He knows for a fact that he was
waiting for the one he would spend the rest of his life with (technically (and ideally), when you get married, you are bound for a lifetime together.) Waiting takes courage too.


How would I know if she/he is the one? This is a very fundamental question. I've asked a lot of people about this and most of them said - you'll just know. I wonder how knowing, how being certain becomes possible. It is still a puzzle to me.

A week ago, a friend told me that she likes this series. That she can totally relate. I asked her to tell me her story. And she did. It may not be in full detail, but I thank her for her trust. I love to hear other people's stories and learn from them. Hers is a kind of story wherein guy likes her, she likes him too but they can't be together for reasons too complicated to discuss. They used to be friends, but things happened and now, they have grown apart. But I like it when she said "Alam mo Ate, alam ko, magiging kami din." (Loosely translated, I know we'll be together someday).

She is certain too. And just like her, I want to reach the point when all doubts would vanish and just be assured  of the love of someone worthy.  I don't really care if the journey is long. I hope that when I finally meet the "One" I'd have the courage to tell myself that he's truly the person I've been waiting for. To be fearless to admit that I am in love. To be brave to fight for the one I love. I pray the same thing for you.

By the way, in the sitcom, Jim Halpert eventually married the woman he loves. Thus, the picture :D

See other entries in this series:

0 comments: